16 May 2015

#AlwaysKeepFighting

That hashtag right there. It says a lot. From what I have gathered, Actor Jared Padalecki started this wonderful campaign a few months back because he had heard about too many of his friends committing suicide over the years.  Please any followers/friends of Jared please correct me, if I am wrong. I want this correct.

If you don't follow Jared I really suggest you do, all because of what he is being called to do with this campaign. I don't care if you don't watch "Supernatural".  I have to watch reruns because my kids and business come first.

I am writing this because I recently saw an article that Jared had posted on twitter that he needed his family. Rightfully so.  I have never met the man and if I did I would more than likely be speechless. But I want you who read this sporadic blog to pray for him. Spread this like wildfire! Lift him and his family up in prayer and pray for protection for them.

Depression is a bitch. And I am NOT saying Jared is depressed or has depression. But when you have a calling like his with #AlwaysKeepFighting it can get at you.

If you follow me you know my battle with depression. You know that this is something that I want to talk about and no longer hide. Suicide isn't an answer. You can find that one person out there. You feel like it's the only way, people will be better off without you there. YOU are wrong! Oh how wrong. 

I lost a cousin to suicide. Probably about 25 years ago. He was just a few years older than me, he would stay and hangout with his baby cousin because I was too young to go with the others. I miss him still. I always think of what he would be like now. I'm still angry that he did this, and it took a very long time for me to accept the fact that he did kill himself.

If you are out there and you read this and you are depressed. 1. My twitter handle is @mandyj44 we can talk.  2. Call the suicide prevention hotline  800-273-TALK or go to the website  3. If tomorrow is Sunday for you, if you believe or not, go find a church and ask to talk to a pastor. Tell them you need to talk.  4. Visit Jared's facebook page.

Note to Jared and his family: Praying for you.  What you are doing is wonderful! #AlwaysKeepFighting and get some rest and love.

No comments: