01 March 2016

When something just gets you

Life has happened for us. Lots of good, small bits of stressful, and a very messy house. That's going to be another post down the road.

I've written my thoughts on celebrities that have made and impact or who are trying to make an impact. I want to write about one more famous person, Joey Feek.

One half of Joey + Rory, a country music husband and wife duo. Joey has gone home to be with the Lord. In just the few short months ago from when I did a search to see if they were still doing concerts at their homestead in Tennessee. I read and cried and cried. This beautiful person, with an amazing voice that can just give you chills, was battling cervical cancer. She had a baby girl, who is beautiful. The other night on Rory's blog I read that a few days before his post Joey officially said her goodbyes to her friends and her beloved family. She's been asleep ever since.  She made a list to accomplish certain things and she did.

I like a huge chunk of us have probably lost someone special to us to cancer. Me? My paternal grandma at age 2, started off as cervical cancer and ended up in her bones. We lost my aunt (grandma's daughter) to cancer about 20+ yrs later.

I have never met the Feek family and maybe one day I will bump into Rory and that precious child of theirs and thank them for sharing their life. I look at my kids differently, I look at my husband differently. Priorities are changing for me, all because of a woman's list of things to accomplish before she went Home.

To the Feek and Martin families and their amazing friends: From the bottom of my heart thank you for sharing a part of your lives with the world. Thank you for sharing Joey. My prayer is that you all have amazing lives. Rory, I hope down the road we as fans get to see glimpses of that beautiful girl of yours as she grows. God bless you all!

My dear readers, may each and everyone of you be blessed.

No comments: