20 March 2016

Heaven gained an angel

One of my friends from junior high school said goodbye to her 17 year old daughter yesterday afternoon.

Let me tell you a little bit about my friend first. Katherine or Kiki when I first met her was really confident, talented, and smart. For me her confidence was intimidating. Aside from all of that she was and still is one of the nicest and most honest people you'll ever meet. After high school we lost touch as it happens from time to time. Then thanks to facebook I found her again. She was married, with kids and step-children. She had twins, Lauren and Madison. Lauren passed away suddenly when she was an infant. I can't remember the age but I believe she was under 1 year old.

Madison was still alive and thriving. Katherine called her, her Mini-me (When I saw Madison I saw the girl I went to school with). I was blessed to know Madison over social media, one of my major plans next time I went to NC was to see Katherine and finally meet Madison.

What did I know about Madison? Honestly not as much as a lot of other people. She was smart and sweet. One thing that stood out the most was how on fire for the Lord she was, I've read a lot of tributes and memories of her and what I have read is that she was not ashamed of being on fire for the Lord and how she went about sharing His word and His love. She was also a hard worker. 3 jobs at the age of 17, she got a 3rd job to get the motor fixed in her car. WOW!

I just hope that my kids are half of what she was.

My heart hurts for my friend. I don't know the details of what happened and if Katherine wants to tell me down the road, that is between her and I. I can't even wrap my head around what she is feeling. All I can do is pray for her.

So please, pray for my friend and her family. Also, pray for all of the people who personally knew Madison.

Thank you.

No comments: