25 August 2016

Start of school

Summer has been busy for us!

We went to Mexico for vacation.  Fun and sunburns were had by all!

School has started this week for us. The boy is in 2nd grad and the girl is in Kindergarten.  When did she grow up?! Still coming to grips with this.

New school, new principal. New parents who think they know everything, old parents who are used to the old way (yes, I'm one of them).  If you know me, and I mean really know me, you know that I will adhere to the guidelines and rules put forth by the school to a certain extent.  I am momma bear and I can get mouthy at times.  But it's because I don't understand what is going on. If I am still mouthy after that it's because I don't like it. 

My son has an amazing teacher this year! How do I know? She was his kindergarten teacher! She was asked to move to 2nd grade.  This was prayers answered. I had 2 teachers that I wanted him to have and we got one of them.  She knows him, he responds amazingly to her.  I am so very thankful for that.

My daughter has a first year teacher, I'm excited for this year for the both of them. It's going to be different for my baby, but I know she'll do well.

I am that mom. Transition for me is going to be hard. I am thankful that I am trying to push it.  I am also thankful that the requirements the new principal set forth with parents lingering after the start bell.  I'm a lingering parent.  So, I think maybe 2 more days of walking them in.  I don't know yet.  And if the principal ever reads this, sorry, there's just somethings a mom can't NOT do.


In other news, Zumba Kids!  Holy moley! I am teaching a 6 week program starting next month.  Ahhhh! It's really happening! I am so excited and SO behind on my lesson plans! But whoa! I am happy about this!

My business is doing good. Really steady. About to explode.

No comments: